Swift 2.1 Beta 3
October 07, 2015
Another day, another Xcode beta.
IDE & Playgrounds
- You can now set Swift Error breakpoints, including restricting the breakpoint to specific error types.
- The in-playground API has been revamped.
XCPlaygroundPage.currentPagenow grants a reference to the current page.
- The playground live view support has been enhanced. Types can adopt
XCPlaygroundLiveViewableto return a custom view or view controller that can represent the type. This has huge potential to make playgrounds super interactive.
- No more crashing when compiling with optimizations and debug info enabled
- Checking for protocol conformance with
as?under whole-program optimization works now
- No more crashing when accessing imported Objective-C block properties that return
This blog represents my own personal opinion and is not endorsed by my employer.